To aid parents who may need assistance with registration fees, WLUSC has a scholarship program. We fund this scholarship through a percentage (10%) of our club's registration fees and a percentage (10%) of our club's Tournament NET profits.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Those seeking a scholarship must explain the nature of the hardship and provide documentation supporting the request.
Specifically, to be eligible for a scholarship, the following information must be provided to WLUSC Board of Directors:
- A detailed explanation of the financial hardship with supporting documentation such as an approved Free or Reduced Lunch Application approved by your child's school.
- Registration at WLUSC containing all of the player's information (medical, address, etc)
What Every Parent and/or Guardian Should Know About the Scholarship Process
- The scholarship eligibility requirements
- The scholarship review period turnaround time (up to 7 days)
- Forms need to be completely filled out (detailed instructions are included with the form)
- Contact the WLUSC President with questions
How to Apply for a Scholarship
The scholarship request process is very straightforward. To ensure proper due diligence, every scholarship request is examined and assessed on its own merit.
- Once the scholarship form has been submitted to WLUSC, the President will review the request
- The Scholarship Review Period can take up to 7 days to complete
Terms and Conditions
If the scholarship request is approved, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- The scholarship covers the registration fees, player development fees, or both
- Parent or legal guardian agrees to "repay" the Club through volunteering for Fundraising, Club functions and activities (e, helping with Tryouts, tournaments, or helping with teams, etc) if so requested
- A registration form must be completed for the player - providing essential details including address, contact information and medical authorization